Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Live Your Poem

I have a plaque in my office that reads: Live Your Poem. It is my reminder to stop, take time and pay attention to those things around me that I written about in poems and stories. Since fall is making an entrance today what better time is there to think about the changes in seasons and in our lives. Fall is energizing with cooler weather, different schedules, and promises of new beginnings. I have often used this free verse structure when I was doing journal writing with my middle grade students when I was teaching. Since I am a big list maker this form worked well for me and perhaps you might be motivated to try your own Random Thoughts.
Random Thoughts
I thought I'd
write a verse
read a book
see a play
call a friend
bake a cake
take a trip
snap a picture
enjoy the moon
take a brisk walk
explore a new place
savor morning coffee
learn something new
listen to a child's concern
for it's never too late
to
Live Your Poem

Speaking of lists...are you aware that fairies gather each morning early to get their lists of tasks for the day? And I mean all fairy creatures including garden, sock, tooth, dream, house and brownies. They are determined to stick with tasks till completed because in the evening it is their time to put on their dancing shoes to make merry to the tunes of music near the fairy ring. They also enjoy sharing treats of fruits, berries, honey and fairy cakes. I hope they won't mind I have borrowed some of their honey so I can share this recipe with you.
Cantaloupe-Blueberry Salad
  • 1 half package of baby spinach leaves
  • 1/2 cantaloupe cut in bite-sized pieces
  • 1 cucumber cut in bite-sized pieces
  • 1 pint blueberries
  • 1 cup of cashews
  • 1 cup grated Swiss cheese
  • 1/2 cup red onion rings
Dressing make in blender
  • 2 Tb poppy seeds
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 3 TB. honey
  • 3 TB. olive oil
  • 1/8 tsp. sea salt
  • 1/8 tsp. ground pepper
Tips: May have to double ingredients depending on size of the salad
A time saver... use bottled Poppyseed dressing


No comments:

Post a Comment

Puff Pastry with Salmon, Radishes and Garlic Cream Cheese

Radishes and Smoked Salmon with Puff Pastry Cook's Notes : An easy puff pastry treat that's a great way to start your morning or ser...