Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Thursday, September 3, 2009

A Mixed Bag:Sock Fairies and Other Stuff

I have written a story for children about sock fairies who are thieves. To my credit I have received a number of rejections, but am hopeful one day just the right person will read my manuscript and think it is PERFECT to publish! I love the idea that a fairy could steal a sock, since haven't we all had a missing sock and been left with a mismatched one!
I have never done a blog before, but was so impressed with the idea from the movie Julia and Julie. I admired the way Julie Powell got right out there and just wrote about one of the things she was passionate about food. Since I enjoy cooking and trying new recipes I made an immediate connection to her. Like Julie, I wondered what I could write that someone would want to read. My daughter suggested sharing my list of favorite wines and from time to time special recipes that I have used when entertaining. So I will follow that path plus along the way share some of my sock fairy friends' adventures.
So here goes....
I was lucky last fall to go on an Elderhostel trip to Italy. On this trip with some friends we explored the food, wine and culture of the Tuscany region. The following is a list of some of the wines that we enjoyed.
2005 Cline Ancient Vines Mourvedre
Cline Cashmere
Castello di Chianto Classico Vendemmia 2006
Chianto Classico Riserva Castello di Verrazzano 2005
San Givese di Roma Gna 2005 superior
Pinot Grigio Vento Incanto
Ca'Bembo Friuli Sauvignon 2007
the following list are some of my personal favorites even though not from Italy but just as good
Nobilo Sauvigon Blanc 2008
Buttonwood Farm Sauvignon Blanc
Altanuta Pinot Grigio
Old Vine Red Lot Number 49

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review It's Murder, You Betcha!

  Author Jeanne Cooney has cooked up another cozy mystery for her fans with her newest book, “It's Murder You Betcha,” Book Two in the I...