Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A Needed Support System

I wrote a blog awhile back Determination and Hard Work: Pay-Off (September 16th) on the work ethic of the sock fairies. I noted that these fairies are constantly busy and can be mischievous snatching socks from laundry baskets, clotheslines, inside boots, under the covers and many other numerous places. They are desperate to collect socks hurrying off to the Sock Bank for their big pay-off. Now, I know many readers out there are still hanging on to those lone socks hoping the other sock will magically appear. I figured that help must be out there somewhere so I have been doing online research. I am happy to report some success. There is an organization solely devoted to solving the question what happens to missing single socks. It is called Bureau of Missing Socks. This bureau explores all aspects of the missing sock phenomena and the best part they offer a support system for those sock deprived individuals who just have to have their socks match. Check out the photo I posted with their website for more information. My research also bought me to a store called Sock Dreams in Portland, Oregon. After reading their list of sock accessories, I suspect some of these mischievous fairies are one of their main suppliers!
Another gray rainy day in the cities motivated me to find a photo of something fun to brighten up our day. This scarecrow sits in my backyard and always has a smile on his face. Guess he doesn't mind all the rain!!
Dinner tonight was so easy to prepare. I know many of you are looking for something quick so try this and let me know what you think.
Butternut Squash Ravioli
Ingredients:
  • 1 bag of frozen butter squash ravioli (can be purchased from Buon Giornio Market-two locations: Downtown St. Paul corner of University and Misssisssippi St. and Sibley Memorial Highway Lilydale next I Nonni Restaurant
  • 2 TB. butter
  • 1/4 cup minced shallots
  • 5 TB. heavy cream
  • 4 TB. grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
  • pinch of nutmeg
  • 1/4 tsp. sage
  • 1 TB. chopped parsley flakes
Directions:
  • Saute shallots in butter for 1 minute (medium heat)
  • Stir in cream and cook for 2 more minutes adding sage and parsley
  • Turn heat to low add cheese and stir till melts
  • Season with salt and pepper
  • Set aside to cool
  • Boil ravioli according to directions on package
  • Drain and drizzle sauce over the ravioli to serve


1 comment:

  1. Nothing like heavy cream and Parmigiano-Reggiano to enrichen butternut squash. My mouth is watering already!

    ReplyDelete

Meatless Monday

  Asparagus -One of Spring's First  Salmon, Asparagus, and Orzo Salad with a Lemon Herb Vinaigrette Cook's Notes : A fresh, healthy,...