A moonlit night was an inspiration for this free verse
Note: a work in progress
The moon was following me
every place I went.
A constant companion
that kept me safe
with its visible light.
A gem of jewel
that can out shine
even the brightest star.
This autumn moon
followed me home
on a cool November night.
It pays to be attentive to nights like this when the moon is almost at its fullest. It can be a sure sign that fairies will be out dancing in the woodland. But remember, I have warned you before that people who are lured by their enchanting music and get too close to the fairy rings can disappear from human life for seven years!
I did not have a moon photo of a November night, but thought you'd enjoy thinking about the photo I took of the moon rising over the Atlantic Ocean.
I suppose now that November is upon us you are gearing up for the holiday season and looking over your recipes. I have already pulled out my cranberry/cherry sauce that is great over turkey slices. Try it and see how much better it is than canned cranberry sauce!
Cranberry and Dried-Cherry Sauce
- 1- 12 0z. container of frozen cranberry juice cocktail thawed
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick broken in half
- 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
- 1- 6 0z. package dried cherries
- 1- 12oz bag cranberries( found in produce dept.)
- 1/4 cup merlot wine
- Bring first 5 ingredients to boil over medium heat, stirring till sugar dissolves
- Add cherries and cook 2 minutes
- Add cranberries and cook till berries pop, stirring occasionally about 9 minutes
- Pour into bowl and stir in merlot
- Cool and then cover and chill
- Can be made ahead one week
- Discard cinnamon sticks
- Serve at room temperature