Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Monday, April 5, 2010

Words

Recently I came across this great quote from Winston Churchill " All the great things are simple and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."
This quote led me to thinking about the word:word and then it led to...
Some words
Get stuck in our throats
And never get out.
Some words
Linger on our lips
Waiting for just the right time to jump .
Some words
Tumble, cascade, fall
Continually moving along.
Some words
Make melodious sounds
It's music to our ears.
Some words
Spill out so fast
If only we could take them back.

The words we speak
Can be positive or negative.
The words we write
Can inspire and challenge.

Words change us
comfort us
And show our emotions.
Words come in different sizes and shapes
Learn a new word today.

My new word of the day is quagmire. When I discovered its meaning I also found quaggy and quaff.

1 comment:

  1. Heart of the NorthApril 8, 2010 at 8:54 PM

    Love the poem! My mother once told me you have to use a word three times before it becomes your own.

    ReplyDelete

Meatless Monday

  Asparagus -One of Spring's First  Salmon, Asparagus, and Orzo Salad with a Lemon Herb Vinaigrette Cook's Notes : A fresh, healthy,...