What Makes You Smile is a caption that caught my attention today. I volunteer at an elementary school. The caption blazed across a hall bulletin board in the primary wing. The art work was priceless. Each child had drawn their face with a very LARGE smile. On it they wrote about the things that makes them smile such as: funny siblings, cookies, hugs, presents, Disneyworld, tickling, puppy kisses and their list goes on and on.
I thought to myself about the things that make me smile: such as kind words, Up North scenery, fruity drinks with paper umbrellas, being with friends and family, making my 12 times at the Y for a reduced rate, sock fairy adventures and yes.. my list just goes on and on too.
I GOOGLED smiles and was quite surprised at the slew of smile quotes. Here are some of my favorites.
- A smile is a curve that sets everything straight. Phyllis Diller
- A smile is an inexpensive way to change your looks. Charles Gordy
- Wear a smile and have friends; wear a scowl and have wrinkles. George Elliot
- It takes seventeen muscles to smile and forty-three to frown. Author Unknown
- A smile costs nothing but gives much. It enriches those who receive without making making poorer those who give. It takes but a moment, but the memory of it sometimes lasts forever. No one is so rich or mighty that he cannot get along without it. And none so poor that he cannot be made rich by it. Yet a smile cannot be bought, begged, borrowed, or stolen, for it is something that is of no value to anyone until it is given away. Some people are too tired to give you a smile. Give them one of yours, as no one needs a smile so much as he who has no more to give. Author Unknown
Hope these photos make you SMILE