Nature is a mutable cloud which is always and never the same.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain, or usher a storm but to add color to my sunset sky.
Rabindranath Taqore-Indian poet essayist
Forest, lakes and rivers, clouds and winds, stars and flowers, stupendous glaciers and crystal snowflakes-every form of animate or inanimate existence leaves its impress upon the soul of man.
Orison Swett Marden-American Writer 1850-1924
Caramelized French Toast with Cinnamon and Berries
- 7 TB. butter at room temperature
- 6 TB. brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups half and half
- 3 large eggs
- 1 TB. vanilla
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 8 slices 1 inch thick French Bread
- powdered sugar
- fresh blueberries and raspberries
- Mix butter and brown sugar in a small bowl to blend set aside
- Whisk half and half, eggs, vanilla and cinnamon to blend
- Melt 2 TB. brown sugar/butter mixture in a nonstick skillet
- Dip each slice of bread into egg mixture to coat both sides and set on wax paper
- Cook 2 slices of bread at a time in skillet turning after 3-4 minutes to brown each side
- Repeat with another 2 TB. butter/brown sugar mixture melted in skillet with 2 more slices of bread
- Brown bread on both sides
- Serve with powdered sugar sprinkled on top with berries or syrup