Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Part One: The Chase

My canoe ride on the lake started out uneventfully. It was a beautiful sunny day with calm waters, perfect for an easy paddle and taking photos. As I approached a swampy area I couldn't believe my good fortune. A massive sea of flowering lily pads stretched out in front of me. I was so busy taking pictures that I almost missed seeing a small winged creature jumping from one lily pad to another. My curious nature got the best of me and I picked up paddling speed. I wondered if the creature I was following could be a water lily fairy that I had once seen pictures of in a book. I lost sight of the winged creature as it flew under the bridge. To make it safely under I had to duck my head. I had not expected such an ethereal looking scene on the other side. Since the winged creature I had been following was small, airy with a nearly transparent body I lost track of it. Confusion set in as the misty thick air enveloped my canoe. Faint tapping and whistling caught my attention. I paddled in the direction of the sounds. My heart seemed to beat quickly with anticipation and I must admit a little bit of fear. The unexpected really took me by surprise.
I posted pictures of the first part of my adventure. Part two of my adventure will be posted the following day.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to find out what you saw...

    ReplyDelete

Cowboy Country and Cowboy Baked Beans

  Cowboy Country   Hacienda de la Canoa Tour Canoa Ranch in Green Valley, AZ was a working cattle ranch from 1820 to the 1970s. At its peak,...