Have you ever revisited a place and had a totally different experience? Returning to the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum in mid summer over spring provided different scenic views and vistas since all the flowers, trees, bushes are in full bloom. If only my garden could look so good!
As you drive up to the Arboretum you are greeted with an amazing outdoor sculpture made of twisted branches and twigs. Strolling the grounds is peaceful and inviting and draws you in to sit awhile and savor the sights. Perhaps even read a book. I am posting photos for you to enjoy as well as a recipe that is easy and requires minimum cooking on hot muggy days.
Easy Summer Tortellini Salad
- 1 package of three cheese mixed tortellini (I used Buitoni and it's in the cheese section of store or in deli)
- halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup green olives
- 1/2 bunch chopped green onion
- 2 Tb. chopped parsley (fresh)
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper
- 1 bottle prepared Light Champagne Girard's dressing (about 1/4-1/3 cup)
- Cook tortellini according to directions and plunge into cold water and then drain
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl
- Lightly toss dressing into salad ingredients just to coat start with 1/4 cup first
- Chill at least 30 minutes before serving
Adapted from Southern Living magazine recipe website