It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark
There is little chance that meteorologists can solve the mysteries of the weather
until they gain an understanding of the mutual attraction
of rain and the weekend.
Dodging raindrops and blustery winds tells me there will be more indoor time than outside time the next few days after reading the forecast. I posted a picture of our new dog Bella who spends the majority of her indoor time on Squirrel Watch. She runs between windows and patio door keeping track of squirrels and other wildlife.
As for me, good time to bake and finish The Wednesday Letters by Jason Wright. It is an interesting story about a couple who have been married for 39 years. Their lives are cut short and as their three grown children arrive for the funeral they discover boxes and boxes of Wednesday letters. These are letters their father wrote to their mother each week on Wednesday. But as the children begin to open and read the letters they discover shocking truths about their past. The story has a powerful message and pulls the reader in as mysteries are unraveled and solved.
Apple Cream Cheese Tart
Ingredients and Directions:
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Mix with beaters and form into a ball.
- Press into a springform pan and up the sides of the tart pan
- Beat 8 oz. cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 jumbo egg, 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Pour cream cheese mixture into crust
- Arrange on top of cream cheese, 2 apples peeled, cored and sliced thinly
- Mix 1/3 cup sugar and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon sprinkle this mixture on top of cream cheese mixture
- Sprinkle crushed almonds on top
- Bake @ 400 for 25-30 minutes