Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Friday, September 3, 2010

A Year of Bodacious Living:9-3-2009 to 9-3-2010

Does a title such as this capture your attention and peak your interest? Do you wonder what type of living I might have lived this past year? Or do you think this is just a made-up word?
Bodacious actually exists as a slang word more commonly used in the US. It combines two words bold and audacious. Some meanings attached to the word are remarkable, impressive, gutsy and bold.
This past year I did take on several new challenges, stepped out of my box on several occasions, and learned new skills. But no all that was not enough- I needed to live life more boldly and gutsy by taking on a challenge with a dog named Bella. I told my husband our lives surely would be more complete with a dog just like Marley from the book Marley and Me.
But wait... did I lose my mind along the way as I searched for ways to live a more impressive, remarkable life? What was I thinking bringing a 83 lb. needy being into the house who leaps and bounds throughout the rooms craving constant attention, whose head rises above the dining table silently begging for food as we eat our meals, who slobbers water in all directions drinking from its bowl. It must have been those bright brown eyes that silently begged at the animal shelter take, take me I want out of here! And then... we fell in love.
It has been a week of adjustment but I am happy to say we are all doing quite well. But I will have to say I bought myself an extra long leash (6 feet) just to keep up better with fast paced walks.
I own a copy of The Bodacious Book of Succulence:Daring to Live our Succulent Wild Life by Sark. It is a humorous self-help book with author insights to empower your life and be inspired to search for ways to find creative freedom. Sark has written several other books and is an inspirational speaker from Big Sur CA area. All of her books are printed in her own handwriting accompanied by whimsical drawings.

so as I continue to follow Sark's advice to live a succulent life how about trying a recipe for a very moist carrot cake better known to me as a mom cake. It was my mother's favorite one.
MOM CAKE
Ingredients:
  • 4 eggs beaten
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 2 TB. cinnamon
  • 1 cup crushed pineapple (drained)
  • 1-1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1-3/4 crushed carrots (use Cuisinart)
  • 1 cup white flour
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
  • 2 tsp. baking soda
  • optional 1/2 cup coconut
Directions:
  • Spray glass 13x 9 pan with PAM
  • Mix all ingredients for 2 minutes
  • Bake 30 minutes at 350 or until toothpick comes clean from center
  • Frost with cream cheese frosting
jor de vivre
loose translation in French for
joy of living


No comments:

Post a Comment

Puff Pastry with Salmon, Radishes and Garlic Cream Cheese

Radishes and Smoked Salmon with Puff Pastry Cook's Notes : An easy puff pastry treat that's a great way to start your morning or ser...