Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Alimentum

Alimentum-The Literature of Food is a literary journal published twice a year. It is not a collection of recipes but a thought provoking and I might add nourishing collection of prose and poetry centered on food experiences. It is a different way to think about food through literature. When my copy arrived via mail I was expecting magazine size but surprised to see a compact 8 x6 inch size. As one reviewer put it "small enough to carry with you for mental and aesthetic nourishment."
Did you know that the word alimentary pertains to food or nourishment?
If you are intrigued to know more about this literary journal I am posting a link. They do accept submissions!
Check it out http://www.alimentumjournal.com

"When I get a little money, I buy books.
and if there is any left over, I buy food."
Desiderius Erasmus
Dutch Renaissance Humanist from Rotterdam
1466-1536

No comments:

Post a Comment

EASTER TREATS

An Easter treat that's gluten-free, easy to prepare, and naturally sweetened. Almond Cake with Yogurt Topping and Fresh Berries Cook'...