The important things in life
cannot be gotten in advance.
They must be gathered fresh every day.
What could be better than starting the day with a picture of a sunrise over the ocean! A calming moment before the day begins.
The following are some ideas to expand your cooking options and add some zest your meals.
Recently I came across BHG magazine 2011 special interest issue Mexican. I was able to find it at a local grocery store. The issue advertises 106 all new authentic recipes. It has a lot of very interesting recipes and great ideas to host a Mexican fiesta/meal. I found the sections helpful that explained terms and use of Mexican ingredients and where they might be found at you local store.
This recipe is easy and requires minimal preparation.
Caribbean Broccoli Chicken Salad
- 2-3 chicken beasts grilled or baked, cooled and cut in chunks or strips
- 1 mango cut and cubed
- 2 peaches cubed and patted dry on paper towel
- 4 fresh pineapple slices, cubed and patted dry on paper towel
- 6 TB mango chutney
- 4 TB. peach preserves
- 6 T. plain low-fat yogurt
- 4 TB. light mayonnaise
- 1 (120z) bag broccoli slaw
- 2 cups of fresh broccoli chunks
- 1 cup raisins
- sunflower seeds
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 head Bibb lettuce
- Whisk chutney, preserves and lime juice,
- Stir in yogurt and mayonnaise till well blended
- Add slaw, broccoli, cut up fruit,chicken and raisins
- Chill for 30 minutes
- Arrange piece of Bibb lettuce leaf on individual plates
- Add chilled salad mixture
- Sprinkle with sunflower seeds