Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Oh...to be so close

Chapter 13: The World According to Bella
My ears perked up when I heard my people talking about going to a Farmer's Market over the weekend. Food and more food was all I could think of. Naturally I put my best paw forward meaning behavior on the last beach outing so they would deem me worthy to go. I couldn't believe when my floppy ears heard them say dogs were allowed at this food fest. How lucky for me. I was psyched!
Imagine my disappointment when we got there. We all froze in our tracks staring at the BIG YELLOW sign:
As of March 1 No Dogs Allowed Due to Health-Safety-Insurance Reasons.
And to think I was so close. So my people split up and one found me a nice spot to bask in the sun. Within seconds all these warm fuzzies started rolling in. " What a pretty dog." Isn't she cute." "What a nice coat" Can I pet her?" "She is so beautiful."
Oh, to be so adored by so many makes not getting into the outdoor market a bit more tolerable. A bonus for me was a doggie bakery at one of the stalls. You can imagine what I got!
One of my people was quite excited to watch a cooking demo from a chef who works nearby at a fancy hotel. She loved the refreshing taste of the soup and even got the recipe for us.
The rest of the day was rather uneventful since strolling the town seemed too boring because I was not allowed in any stores. I really wanted to go in Book Plus with my owner. In the store window a book caught my interest The Great Gracie Chase: Stop That Dog by Cynthia Rylant. Seemed like a book I'd enjoy hearing. My owner was obsessed about some cookbook she had to find.
________________________________________________________
Avocado Soup
Ingredients:
  • 4 ripe avocados-peeled and cubed
  • 1 cucumber peeled and cubed
  • 1 green pepper cut up discard seeds
  • 5 sprigs of green onion
  • 1 stalk of celery
  • juice of 2 lemons and 2 limes
  • 32 oz. water
  • 1 cup ice
  • 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
  • 2 tsp. Kosher salt
Directions:
  • Place all ingredients into a blender and puree until smooth
  • Pass mixture through a mess strainer and refrigerate several hours
  • For extra flavor add fresh basil, mint, oregano


No comments:

Post a Comment

Puff Pastry with Salmon, Radishes and Garlic Cream Cheese

Radishes and Smoked Salmon with Puff Pastry Cook's Notes : An easy puff pastry treat that's a great way to start your morning or ser...