Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Sunday, August 14, 2011

City Fix


Find something you're passionate about
and keep tremendously interested in it.
Julia Child

The World According to Bella
"Hey Bella, where have you been?"
" I missed you"
"My run has not been the same since you left."
"Wow, you look in good shape!"
"How come your fur looks so light?"
I have to say I caused quite a stir at the dog park yesterday not having been there in several months. And boy, have I ever missed my buddies. I'm really a dog who likes to hang out with a crowd. And yes I have to admit the lake well... just sometimes... it gets a bit lonely without my buddies' company.
You should have seen me run, run, and run just like a greyhound at a race track around the dog path. It seemed like old home week meeting up with the crowd. After running at what some thought a breathtaking speed I managed to slow down a bit to answer all their questions.
We all met up at the water bowls near the big oak tree so they could hear the juicy details of my most recent adventures. Some had already heard about my porcupine encounter. Even Mulligan who usually likes to be top dog of the pack mellowed out a bit to hear my tales. He seemed a little jealous of all the boat rides I get.
Jake, an Irish Setter and probably one of my best friends, wondered how my coat got so light. He thought I must be spending a lot of time sunning on the dock.
I did not want to leave but with the day getting warm and not much shade I bid all my friends good-bye with a promise to return soon.
Upon returning home one of my people had just finishing making one of my favorite snacks.
___________________________________________________
Puppy Chow
A People Snack
Ingredients:
  • 9 cups Chex mix- any kind
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/4 cup butter or margarine
  • 1-1/2 cup powdered sugar
Directions:
  • Microwave chips, peanut butter, butter or margarine for 1 minute
  • Stir till smooth- add vanilla
  • Measure out Chex mix and coat with chocolate mixture-it may be necessary to put on gloves using hands to evenly coat the cereal (try using plastic sandwich bags for gloves)
  • In a large zip-lock bag add powdered sugar and chocolate cereal mixture, shake bags several times till all cereal is coated
  • Spread out on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper for a short while before placing in a serving bowl.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Puff Pastry with Salmon, Radishes and Garlic Cream Cheese

Radishes and Smoked Salmon with Puff Pastry Cook's Notes : An easy puff pastry treat that's a great way to start your morning or ser...