- It took 210 crates to ship the statue to America
- In 1982-86 the statue's structure, exterior, heating elevators were renovated in a 31 million project
- 2011 celebration Oct. 28th kicks off a yearlong 27.3 million renovation
- Weight in copper 62,000 LB. steel 250,0 00 LB. foundation 54 million LB.
- 192 steps to the pedestal
- 354 steps to crown
- Island Home officially named Liberty Island in 1956
- Seven spikes in the crown represent Earth's continents and seas
- 25 windows in the crown
- Distance between the eyes 2.5 feet-nose 4.5 feet-mouth 3 feet
- Height of the statue from her heel to the top of her head is 111 feet and 6 inches
· 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
· 1 (8-ounce) container chive-and-onion cream cheese
· 2 teaspoons paprika
· 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
· 1 broccoli stalk
· Red and green apple wedges
· Combine Cheddar cheese and next 4 ingredients in a bowl until blended. Cover and chill 4 hours or until mixture is firm enough to be shaped.
· Shape mixture into a ball to resemble a pumpkin. Smooth entire outer surface with a frosting spatula or table knife. Make vertical grooves in ball, if desired, using fingertips.
· Cut florets from broccoli stalk, and reserve for another use. Cut stalk to resemble a pumpkin stem, and press into top of cheese ball. Serve cheese ball with apple wedges.
· Note: To make ahead, wrap cheese ball in plastic wrap without stalk, and store in refrigerator up to 2 days. Attach stalk before serving.