Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Heavenly Bites Repeated



Blog posting for October 29th featured a recipe for Gougeres or what I call small heavenly bites. I decided they were so good and worth remaking. This go around I made some alterations/modifications. I made them larger since they are being served with soup for a dinner. The recipe makes about 20 larger ones (about a full tablespoon of batter) or 28 smaller ones. The picture posted shows the larger size. And believe me so addictive I ate two before even finishing second batch and it was only mid-morning!!!
The following are some of my ideas to consider
In a small bowl I mixed together 3/4 tsp. each of dry crushed Rosemary,dill weed and parsley flakes and added these spices to batter.
In the last part of the baking instructions it calls for sprinkling reserved cheese over the gougeres and cooking less than a minute. I used my handy Microplane kitchen tool (found at kitchen stores) and grated the cheese over the tops. It worked quite well and if you do not own this tool highly recommend since it grates very finely hard cheeses like Parmesan or Gruyere. I posted a photo. So use all of the 1 cup of Gruyere cheese for the batter.
Tomorrow will post a Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cowboy Country and Cowboy Baked Beans

  Cowboy Country   Hacienda de la Canoa Tour Canoa Ranch in Green Valley, AZ was a working cattle ranch from 1820 to the 1970s. At its peak,...