If you live to be a hundred,
I want to live to be a hundred minus one day
so I never have to live without you.
Valentine's Day is big for greeting cards and candy sales. It was a staggering figure to read that in 2010 more than 1 billion cards were sent world wide. With the popularity of the Internet now new traditions of e-cards, love coupons and printable e-cards are becoming quite popular. In 2010, 15 million e-cards were sent. But to me nothing can replace the charm and the sentiments of vintage valentines from mid 19th century and early 20th century.
Notes: A very moist cake. Chocolate or vanilla/sour cream frosting work well for this cake.
- 2-¼ cup flour
- 1-cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1-cup buttermilk
- 1-cup hot coffee (strong)
- 2- cups white sugar
- 1 jumbo egg
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 TB. Kahlua
- Beat all ingredients 2-3 minutes.
- Use PAM and spray 13x9 pan or flour 2 cake pans
- Bake 13x9@ 25 minutes or check at 20 minutes for cake pans (do not over bake)
- Cool- if using round cake pans invert on to a wire rack
- ½ stick of butter softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1TB. vanilla
Beat frosting ingredients and use a couple of tablespoons of milk to get the right consistency
Refrigerate till serving