Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Friday, March 2, 2012

The World According to Bella

Part One: Civil War Adventures
Yikes! now that was some van ride. I knew it would be long but Mr. C and Mrs. S forgot to mention we had to drive through the WHOLE state of Louisiana. And get this it would be a 10  hour drive before we arrived in Vicksburg. I started the ride out being patient and entertaining myself watching the scenery roll by. But after what seemed like a zillion miles I wanted to bark my head off "enough is enough!" It was way past my dinner time. What were they thinking forgetting about me anyway. At one point I found it necessary to inch myself off the back seat. I put half my body on top of the plastic container that had my food in it resting my paws on the lid. Then I tapped my paws on the lid to get their attention. It seemed forever before they finally got the hint I needed food. 
Upon arriving at what they called a dog friendly motel I freaked out. Inside I paced back and forth for quite some time. I wanted out! I kept going to the door pawing it hoping someone would please rescue me. I only settled down when the pizza delivery guy showed up at our door.   
Well that was yesterday and today has been totally good. We were up bright and early to start our tour of the Vicksburg Battlefield. Practically the minute I got out of the van a very nice park ranger stopped her truck, She got out and headed toward me. I couldn't believe my good fortune. She was holding my favorite red box; Milk bones. After a few friendly pats on the head and telling me how much she liked my name off she went.  Now how's that for true southern hospitality! I couldn't believe it when I saw her a few hours later.She rolls down her truck window and yells "Hey Bella, hope you are having fun."


Here I am out on the battlefield. And yes I am having a great time. The driving tour took many hours and I certainly got my exercise. In and out- in and out of the van looking at the all the  different state memorials on the battlefields but I leaned a lot.
This one is from Minnesota. 
of course I have to show you one from Texas
  and  yes that is me way up at the top of this one.
After that climb I needed lunch and a nap. I begged them to stop.




No I did not pass out in this picture. Mr. C and Mrs. S were lucky  to find outdoor seating for all of us for lunch. But I crashed for some of it.
The dining experience.turned out to be quite incredible.  We met the chef and owner of Anchuca, the cafe and  B&B we were eating at.  Needless to say Mrs. S was impressed finding out food star Andrew Zimmern recently filmed his new show here. 
More details about this amazing culinary experience at Anchuca in Part Two. Be sure to check back later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mexican Street Corn Salad and Glazed Lemon Blueberry Loaf

There are many reasons to celebrate spring as nature begins to put on a showy display. With May around the corner, celebrations abound with ...