All I need to know
I learned from the Easter Bunny!
Don't put all your eggs in one basket.
Everyone needs a friend who is all ears.
There's no such thing as too much candy.
All work and no play can make you a basket case.
A cute tail attracts a lot of attention.
Everyone is entitled to a bad hare day.
Let happy thoughts multiply like rabbits.
Some body parts should be floppy.
Keep your paws off of other people's jelly beans.
Good things come in small, sugar coated packages.
The grass is always greener in someone else's basket.
To show your true colors, you have to come out of the shell.
The best things in life are still sweet and gooey.
May the joy of the season fill your heart.
The following recipe was previously posted but it works great as a spring dessert
Italian Cream Cake
· 1 box white cake mix
· 1 small box (3.5 oz.) vanilla pudding
· ¾ cup water
· ¾ cup heavy cream
· 4 eggs
· ½ cup vegetable oil
· 1 cup chopped pecans
· 1 cup flaked coconut
· Preheat oven to 350
· In a large bowl mix cake mix, vanilla pudding, cream, water, eggs and oil
· Beat about 2 minutes
· Fold in chopped nuts and coconut
· Grease a 13 x 9 pan
· Bake 30-35 minutes-till center is clean using a toothpick to test
Make a cream cheese frosting using 4 oz. softened cream cheese,1 TB. vanilla and 3-1/2 cups powdered sugar and add milk by the tablespoons to get the right consistency. Use a mixer on high speed to blend.
by April Bloomfield
recipe from People magazine April 9, 2012
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 3 TB. mayonnaise
- 1 TB. champagne vinegar (I substituted Balsamic)
- 1 TB. creme frache (in the deli section where specialty cheeses are sold)
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
Cook's note: I added 1 tsp. of dried dill
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise
- scoop out yolks and in a food processor add all ingredients
- Blend till smooth
- Chill for several hours in a bowl and chill also whites
- Fill each half with yolk mixture
- cayenne pepper
- 2 TB. chives
- 1 TB. tarragon
I used 1 blackberry for each egg serving
Ham Asparagus Spirals
recipe from Taste of Home magazine 2011
- 20 fresh asparagus spears trimmed
- 20 thin slices of deli ham
- 1 package of refrigerated Italian breadsticks
- 1 container of garlic herb soft spread
Cook's note: The directions did not call for this but I lightly brushed the breadstick with melted butter and sprinkled on poppy seeds. My first preference would have been sesame seeds but did not have any at baking time. I think serving these breadsticks with soup would make a satisfying meal.
please follow the link for exact directions