Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Friday, May 4, 2012

The World According To Bella

OCD
Without even going to the doctor this week  I have been given a new label: OCD. In case you don't know what that means its obsessive compulsive disorder.  With great certainty Mrs. S and Mr. C have diagnosed me and are seeking treatment. They think I need help. Really I think they need help. They just do not understand me.  There is much to be admired about a dog who is focused, attentive and  determined. My disorder or whatever they call it has served me well. I was quick and managed to score with not a lot of effort. 
But I am getting ahead of the story. For days the smell of something under the porch has kept my attention 24/7.  Hours I have paced back and forth sniffing the cracks between  the boards of the porch. I furiously dug holes all around the porch. I have been trying to get under and see what could be living there. I even ignored Mrs. S's yelling that I was ruining the yard. Any barriers she put up to my credit I managed to get around them. I was one determined dog on a mission. One night I even got Mr. C up three different times so I could get outside and make a porch check.
On day three it happened a small bunny ran past me. But  I was quick. I managed to grasp it tightly in my jaw. Mr. C alarmed and in a very firm loud voice yelled" Drop it!" Was he crazy? I had been waiting for something like this for three whole long days. It had consumed my time. When Mr. C saw I was not going to drop it he swiftly and I mean swiftly ran inside to get something out of the refrigerator. He thought he could trade me bunny for people food. Well in the 20 seconds he was gone I saved him the trouble. I did not need any trade. I got what I wanted.  
Well it is day 5 now and I am still keeping a watchful vigil near the porch boards. I know sooner or another will try to escape somewhere. I need to be ready!   
Love, Bella
____________________________________________
The recent purchase of a hat has completed my Kentucky Derby outfit. I have heard Bodemeister is an early favorite 4-1.   

I'm adding a few new recipes just in case you are having guests in and could use some ideas.
Louisville Cooler 
1-1/2 oz bourbon
1 oz. orange juice
1 TB lime juice
1 tsp. powdered sugar
Shake all ingredients with cracked ice and strain into a glass
Kentucky Blizzard
1-1/2 ox bourbon
1-1/2 oz cranberry juice
1/2 oz lime juice
1/2 oz grenadine
1 tsp. sugar
Shake all ingredients with cracked ice and strain into a glass
Kiss on the Lips
2 oz. bourbon
6 oz. apricot nectar
Pour over ice and stir


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mexican Street Corn Salad and Glazed Lemon Blueberry Loaf

There are many reasons to celebrate spring as nature begins to put on a showy display. With May around the corner, celebrations abound with ...