Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Sunday, May 6, 2012

The World According to Bella

BUNNY PATROL
Well here I am on Day 6
The majority of my day is spent pacing back and forth across the boards. I sniff, lick, chew and stare. I am steadfast on bunny patrol. The last six days have consumed me as I hope to score again. I've even chosen to pass on my morning and afternoon naps so I'm prepared at all moments.  
Mr. C and Mrs. S are really worried about me. They believe my OCD has worsened and taken over my life. They've been unsuccessful getting rid of what could be a bunny colony living under the boards. Perhaps these bunnies are living in terror and too worried to make an escape. I am sure they can feel my hot doggie breath. But I am patient waiting for one to make a run. I am sure Day 7 will be my lucky day. 
Love, Bella
_____________________________________________________
Lemon Curd Dessert With Mixed Fruit
Mini Charlottes
Cook's note: This dessert has several options. Either you can use ladyfingers  that are overlapped around the sides and bottom of a glass or sherbet dish with curd and fruit mixture in the center or omit ladyfingers and serve with lemon curd, fruit and whip cream. Cookies could be served on the side.
This recipe makes about enough for six servings
Ingredients: 
  • Homemade lemon curd
  • Mixed fruit (strawberries, blackberries. raspberries, kiwi. blueberries)
  • Whip cream
  • Ladyfingers

Homemade Lemon Curd
makes about 3 cups
  • 3 large lemons
  • 1-1/2 cups sugar
  • 1/4 cup butter( 4TB)
  • 4 extra large eggs
  • 1/2 cup lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
  • zest from 3 lemons
  • 1/8 tsp salt

Directions:
  • Zest 3 lemons
  • Add zest to food processor, add sugar and pulse
  • Cream butter, add sugar and add eggs one at a time
  • Add lemon juice and mix well
  • Pour into saucepan and cook on low heat till thick (about 10 minutes)
  •  Remove and cool and then refrigerate
  • Mix several cups of fruit together, sprinkle with 2 TB. Grand Marnier, cover bowl and let set about 1 hour in refrigerator



   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cowboy Country and Cowboy Baked Beans

  Cowboy Country   Hacienda de la Canoa Tour Canoa Ranch in Green Valley, AZ was a working cattle ranch from 1820 to the 1970s. At its peak,...