No, I am not dead in this picture. I just feel like it. It's all about the heat today today. It has been relentless. And with the added humidity wearing a fur coat is just not fun.
At least I had a chance to practice my dog paddle three times today. Good way to cool off unless I was inside for my AC fix.
In the early evening a huge thunderstorm blew in. I ran inside for cover under the table.
I tried to settle down. But when booms of thunder shook the house, sparks of lightning flashed across the sky and the power went off- I ran for my life to the basement.
You'll be happy to know all is well now after several scary hours. But I'm exhausted. I can hardly wait to snuggle up with my favorite quilt for the night. No doubt my dreams will be of something cool.
Mrs. S thought it was a good day to try a new drink called Cherry Limeade. I think she really liked since I saw her pour a second glass. She copied the recipe for you below.______________________________________________________
Sparkling Cherry Limeade
recipe adapted from Southern Living July 2012
makes about 8 cups
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- Margarita salt optional
- 1 can limeade concentrate thawed (12 oz.)
- 3 -1/2 cups cold water
- 1 jar (6oz.) maraschino cherries
- 2 cups sparkling water
- Rub rims of 8 chilled glasses with lime wedges and dip rims in Margarita salt
- Stir together limeade concentrate and 3-1/2 cups of the cold water
- In a blender pour entire bottle of maraschino cherries in with juice and puree
- Add to blender limeade with cold water and mix at high speed
- Fill each glass about 2/3 with the limeade mixture, add a few ice cubes and then add sparkling water to each of the glasses
- Optional a splash of orange liqueur and a little tequila for a margarita type cocktail
- Oh, and don't forget a lime wedge and little paper umbrella
Life is far too short not to have a
little umbrella in your drink :)