Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Monday, July 2, 2012

The World According to Bella

A Dog's Life
No, I am not dead in this picture. I just feel like it. It's all about the heat today today. It has been relentless. And with the added humidity wearing a fur coat is just not fun. 
At least I had a chance to practice my dog paddle three times today. Good way to cool off unless I was inside for my AC fix.
In the early evening a huge thunderstorm blew in.  I ran inside for cover under the table.  
I tried to settle down. But when booms of thunder shook the house, sparks of lightning flashed across the sky and the power went off- I ran for my life to the basement.
You'll be happy to know all is well now after several scary hours. But I'm exhausted. I can hardly wait to snuggle up with my favorite quilt for the night. No doubt my dreams will be of something cool.

Mrs. S thought it was a good day to try a new drink called Cherry Limeade. I think she really liked since I saw her pour a second glass. She copied the recipe for you below.  
Love, Bella
     ______________________________________________________
Sparkling Cherry Limeade
recipe adapted from Southern Living July 2012
makes about 8 cups
Ingredients:
  • 1 lime cut into wedges
  • Margarita salt optional
  • 1 can limeade concentrate thawed (12 oz.)
  • 3 -1/2 cups cold water 
  • 1 jar (6oz.) maraschino cherries
  • 2 cups sparkling water
Directions:
  • Rub rims of 8 chilled glasses with lime wedges and dip rims in Margarita salt  
  • Stir together limeade concentrate and 3-1/2  cups of the cold water
  • In a blender pour entire bottle of maraschino cherries in with juice and puree
  • Add to blender limeade with cold water and mix at high speed
  • Fill each glass about 2/3 with the limeade mixture, add a few ice cubes and then add sparkling water to each of the glasses   
Serving Suggestions: 
  • Optional a splash of orange liqueur and a little tequila for a margarita type cocktail
  • Oh, and don't forget a lime wedge and little paper umbrella
Life is far too short not to have a
little umbrella in your drink :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cowboy Country and Cowboy Baked Beans

  Cowboy Country   Hacienda de la Canoa Tour Canoa Ranch in Green Valley, AZ was a working cattle ranch from 1820 to the 1970s. At its peak,...