Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Holiday Greetings

If I could pass out treats one of these bags would be just for you!
The World According to Bella
Yesterday I scored big at the dog park. Leo was passing out Halloween bags. Lucky me got this bag of doggie treats. My boot camp has finally ended and I am celebrating :) A week of added exercise has left me sore and stiff. Each night I seem to be going to bed earlier and earlier. 
Today I got weighed. Mr. C complimented me on my weight loss. He declared I am now in good shape. I will be able to keep up with the pack at the park. My restricted diet has been lifted, Now I can have some of the treats from my Halloween bag.
Mr. C sure has a lot of instructions for my new dog sitter. I just hope he and  Mrs.S don't forget to pick me up. Wish me luck.
Love, Bella 
___________________________________________________

Mummy Dogs
This recipe is from BHG
Using one package of refrigerated bread sticks stretch each dough strip to 12 inches and wrap around a jumbo frank or polish sausage. Use capers or olives for eyes. Bake at 375 till browned about 15 minutes.
Optional idea: brushing dough with melted butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Serve with mustard and ketchup. 

1 comment:

  1. I made Mummy Dogs for my grandkids for an early Halloween dinner before trick-or-treating. I used non-cured hot dogs (Oscar Mayer - no nitrates),crescent roll dough and American cheese slices cut into strips. Spread dough out into rectangles and then cut into strips. Layer a cheese strip and a dough strip together and wrap around the hot dog. It took about 5 layered strips to do the job. Then bake as above. The kids had fun assembling their own. I like the idea of using olive pieces as eyes. My recipe called for mustard, and it got runny. They love buttered pasta, so I put green food color in the water while boiling the noodles and served them "Gopher Guts." Delightful! They also made the chocolate witches hats, but we used fudge-covered Oreos instead of Fudge Stripes. The Oreos are smaller and seemed more in proportion with the Hershey kisses I used. Do you know if there is a larger Hershey kiss available? The ones in the photo seem larger than the kisses I could find.

    ReplyDelete

Cowboy Country and Cowboy Baked Beans

  Cowboy Country   Hacienda de la Canoa Tour Canoa Ranch in Green Valley, AZ was a working cattle ranch from 1820 to the 1970s. At its peak,...