Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Monday, October 29, 2012

The World According to Bella

Boot Camp
I changed locations and have been at boot camp the past week. I'm exhausted. Perhaps  I am not in as good shape as I thought after a relaxing summer at the lake. Now twice a day I get walked to the dog park. It is a mile there and back. At the dog park I go many, many laps chasing balls, digging holes, running with the pack, exploring and just hanging out with my buddies. So now add on 2-3 more miles. Now you can understand why due to my exhausted state I have missed the signs. 
Mrs S's newest book

Invite to a French themed dinner
Packing
I am about to be under new management for two weeks. 
Today I got the bad news. I am being left behind while Mr. C and Mrs. S go on a trip to a place called France. This will be the first time I have ever been away from them. And to make me feel even worse Mrs. S tells me she is going to blog during the trip and post pictures. I have always done the blogging for our trips and I think she needs my help. But my sad puppy eyes and whimpering does not seem to change their minds. Its a done deal. I am being shipped off. What really worries me is they will have all this fun without me. Mrs. S says I will like my new home away from home. They have a dog to keep me company. I can bring all my toys, my bed and I have even been promised a Skype time. But none of this makes me feel any better. I do not like being left behind and missing out on all the fun of going to a new place. I just hope they don't forget to pick me up. Maybe two weeks will go by fast.
Love, Bella
_____________________________________________
French Dinner
French Beef Stew, Bourguignonne
follow this link to Julia Child's recipe. She brought French cooking into the American homes. No one does it better than her. This link comes with a video to watch Julia on her cooking shows. She was the first food network star.
Fennel Salad On the photo posted French themed dinner above we enjoyed a fennel salad with cranberries. This is the link to the recipe with added chopped Romaine lettuce.
Shortcut Chocolate Profiteroles
Substitute eclairs with Frozen Pepperidge Farms Patty Shells that have been baked and cooked. Fill each with ice cream and drizzle warm Chocolate Espresso Sauce over top.   
 Espresso Chocolate Sauce
Ingredients:
  • 6 oz.bittersweet chocolate
  • 1-cup heavy cream (1/2 pint)
  • 2 TB. Kailua
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • ¼ cup strong coffee mixed with 1 tsp. dried espresso mix

Directions:
  • Heat cream till almost boiling
  • Remove from stove and add pieces of bittersweet chocolate
  • Stir until smooth
  • Add Kailua, vanilla and coffee-stir till mixed in
  • Refrigerate

Serving: To serve heat in microwave to soften before pouring over ice cream
Make your own cream puff shells or use Pepperidge Farms Patty Shells
Bon Appetit!


  

1 comment:

EASTER TREATS

An Easter treat that's gluten-free, easy to prepare, and naturally sweetened. Almond Cake with Yogurt Topping and Fresh Berries Cook'...