Well...if not... I did have several friends who rose to the challenge sending me their must haves for Super Bowl weekend.
recipe submitted by Kathleen
Mexican Dip ala Patty (My niece made up this recipe years ago for a cooking class contest and won second prize!!-hence the name)
- 1 medium sized jar of salsa (any brand, any "temperature", chunky. thin)
- 1- 8 ounce sour cream
- 1- 8 ounce whipped Philadelphia cream cheese
- Mix well and then add 1 package (8 to 12 ounce) shredded cheese of choice: cheddar, Mexican or Colby)
- Chill at least 2 hours before serving
- Serve with chips (I like the Scoops)
recipe submitted by JRW
- 1/2 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry with paper towel
- 1 small jar of marinated artichoke hearts, drained, patted dry with paper towel and chopped
- 1-8 oz. package of softened cream cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 TB. lemon juice
- scant tsp. garlic from a jar
- grated Provolone cheese
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 TB. melted butter
- 1 TB. parsley flakes
Directions:recipe submitted by MB
- Combine drained and dried spinach, artichoke hearts, cream cheese, lemon juice,garlic and Parmesan cheese
- Spoon into a lightly greased 11 x 7 baking dish
- Sprinkle with grated Provolone cheese
- Mix parsley flakes, bread crumbs and melted butter
- Sprinkle over the top of dip and bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes uncovered
7 Layer Dip
- 1-16 ounce can of refried beans
- 1 (1-1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup lettuce
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese
- 4 ounces sliced olives
- 1 cup tomato
1-16 oz. refried beans mixed w/ 1/2 package taco seasoning.
1 cup sour cream.
1 cup guacamole.
1 cup salsa.
1 cup chopped lettuce.
1 cup Mexican cheese.
4 oz. sliced olives.
1 cup chopped tomatoes.
Need more ideas?
Check out this link for super bowl appetizers. Spicy sweet deviled eggs that look like footballs caught my attention as well as Andouille Mini Dogs.
Follow this link is to five different ways to make chicken wings from epicurious