Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Book Review and The World According to Bella

Linda Frances Lein, author of Hannah Kempfer: An Immigrant Girl asked me to write a  book review of the Kindle version of her book for Amazon.com
Follow this link to read the review and find out more about Hannah Kempfer, a Norwegian immigrant, who overcame great obstacles to become a rural teacher in the late 1880's. She later became the first Minnesota woman to serve as a legislator from Otter Tail County from 1923-1943. 





http://www.amazon.com/Hannah-Kempfer-Immigrant-Girl-ebook/product-reviews/B00ACX8FQG/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

"First thing to do every moring is read or listen to something postive. Your mind is like a garden-whatever you plant grows. Plant good stuff."

by Alwyn Cosgrove 
_____________________________________________________________________________

The World According to Bella
All Good Things Must Come to An End
As you can see from the photo my dog sitter has not exactly followed Mrs. S 's instruction: It's a NO NO to get up on the bed. 
I have been in dog heaven the past two weeks while Mr. C and Mrs. S have been on vacation. Hanging out with my buddy Mulligan, chasing their cat and going to the dog park twice a day has been the best. But I may have overextended my welcome with a recent garbage incident. Yesterday my dog sitter and her family went out to dinner. Mulligan was resting comfortably and snoring loudly but I just could not sleep. All I could smell was bacon which made my tummy growl with hunger pains. Finally I could not stand lying around one minute longer. It was then I did the unthinkable and lost self control. I ran downstairs and raided their garbage can. But I was quite clever and didn't even knock it over. Just I was about to tip the can I accidentally hit the foot pedal. VIOLA!! The top flipped opened and  the bacon was right there. It was wrapped in tinfoil and in a plastic bag. As you know I have had previous experiences getting into plastic bags. Remember the Hershey kisses incident at Christmas and the fish fillets bagged in the snowbank at the lake? 
I managed to get the foil wrapped bacon out of the plastic bag. I skipped eating the plastic bag but ate all the foil with the bacon inside. Gosh, it was so good.  
When the family came home no one suspected what I had been up to. I was fast asleep and had made no mess. But oh, it was during the night is when they found out what I had been up to. I got really, really sick. So sick my dog sitter was up many hours cleaning up after me. I guess on Thursday they will be happy to see me leave. 
But I really had a great time there. I will miss lying on the bed with Mulligan and the dog sitter. I don't suppose Mrs. S will ever allow me to do that.  
Love, Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meatless Monday

  Asparagus -One of Spring's First  Salmon, Asparagus, and Orzo Salad with a Lemon Herb Vinaigrette Cook's Notes : A fresh, healthy,...