Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Sunday, March 3, 2013

The World According to Bella

Mrs. S found this Dr. Seuss quote on a poster for me. She was sure I'd like the puppy pictures. 
Boot Camp
Mr. C and Mrs. S thought I needed boot camp to improve my physical fitness. So I got a weekend at the lake. I made my usual bunny check under the porch and then headed for Paul's house. He must have known I was coming since I didn't find any freshly cleaned fillets in a snowbank. 
Friday I heard some talk about going to Mulligan's house on Wednesday for two whole weeks. Last time I stayed with him in November I could barely keep up. He has more energy than me. He loves to wrestle all the time and chase balls. I don't always get in my nap times at his house. But the best parts about staying there are going to the dog park twice a day and getting extra treats from his owner. Guess she doesn't worry about a weight gain like Mrs. S does. 
Mr. C has me off leash here at lake. I'm in what he calls in training to come when called. Sometimes I don't do well on the coming part. I get plenty of exercise here. Just getting over the snowbanks and bounding through the snow is really hard work. By suppertime I just crash for the rest of the night. But only after I devour my food at a breathtaking speed. There is nothing more important to me than food.
Love, Bella
_________________________________________________________________

Classic Chocolate Mousse
Cook's notes: I have found the ultimate chocolate mousse recipe! No matter how many calories are in this recipe or how many bowls or pans used it is well worth the effort for every spoonful of this creamy heavenly dessert. Put this recipe on your list for your next special occasion.  
The recipe comes from Andrew Knowlton, editor of  Bon Appetit magazine February 2013. I did make a few adjustments but minor. I made espresso coffee by adding 1 tsp. espresso powder to 1/4 cup boiling water.
Ingredients:
1/2 cup chilled heavy cream
4 large egg yolks (use at room temperature)
1/4 cup espresso coffee or strong coffee (use at room temperature)
1/8 tsp. kosher salt
3 Tb. sugar divided
1 bar semisweet chocolate (4 oz) plus 2 squares of bittersweet chocolate (60% cocoa) remember the higher the cocoa percentage, the less sweet the chocolate
3 large egg whites
2 TB. Kahlua   
Directions:
  • Beat 1/2 cup whip cream until stiff-set aside in refrigerator. Clean beaters and chill them in freezer
  • Mix 1 heaping teaspoon espresso coffee powder with 1/4 cup boiling water or use 1/4 cup regular strong coffee
  • In a metal bowl combine egg yolks, espresso coffee, salt and 2 TB. sugar
  • Use a whisk to blend well and place metal bowl over a larger pan of simmering water
  • Cook, whisking until mixture is lighter and increased in volume-about 3 minutes
  • Remove pan and add in broken chocolate squares a few at a time, then add chocolate mixture back to pan of simmering water- whisk till well blended
  • Let chocolate mixture cool at room temperature and add in 2 TB. Kahlua  
  • Beat egg whites adding a pinch of creme of tartar 
  • When egg whites are are foamy gradually add in 1 TB. sugar
  • Increase speed to high and beat till egg whites are stiff
  • Gently fold beaten egg whites into beaten whip cream using a spatula fold twice
  • Add chocolate mixture in two additions to whip cream,/egg white mixture-gently use spatula so as not to decrease the volume   
  • Divide among 6 teacups, demitasse cups or small ramekins
  • Refrigerate till set about 2 hours- cover lightly with a sheet of wax paper
                                                          Bon Appetit !



No comments:

Post a Comment

Meatless Monday

  Asparagus -One of Spring's First  Salmon, Asparagus, and Orzo Salad with a Lemon Herb Vinaigrette Cook's Notes : A fresh, healthy,...