Bridal Wreath Shrub
This was one of the most amazing landscapes that just popped right out as you were driving by. The shrubs were in full bloom the entire width of a front yard.
Grilled Chicken-and Veggie Tortellini
adapted from Southern Living June 2013
Cook's notes: Do you ever wonder when making a recipe for the first time what they (meaning kitchen testers) were thinking on proportions? This was one of these recipes where I felt the amount of pesto needed to be changed at least for my palette. It called for using an entire container of pesto which I thought would over power the rest of the ingredients so I cut back to 1/4 cup.
A grilling suggestion would be to cook chicken for 15 minutes and then add zucchini for the last half of the cooking time. If you do both at same time which I did the zucchini shriveled up because it was overcooked.
This is a great summer dish and so easy to prepare. It even tasted good the next day cold. Consider putting it on your list to try.
- 2 large chicken breasts (skinned and boned) about 14 oz. cut into large pieces
- 2 zucchini cut in half lengthwise and chopped in large chunks
- 2 tsp. dry Italian Herb Seasoning
- 1 package ( 19 oz.) cheese and spinach filled tortellini (refrigerated section)
- 1-7 oz. container refrigerated pesto-start out with 1/4 cup pesto
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- chopped green onions
- Garnish: Parmesan Cheese
- Soak chicken chunks in 1 cup buttermilk for one hour and drain
- Make a foil packet as shown in photo and spray with PAM
- Add chicken and sprinkle seasoning over the chicken and add green onions
- Grill foil packet at 300 for 15 minutes, then add in tomatoes and zucchini and grill 10 minutes longer
- While chicken is grilling boil water for the tortellini and follow directions on the packet
- In a large bowl add grilled chicken, tomatoes, zucchini, tortellini and 1/4 cup pesto
- Grate Parmesan cheese over the top and serve immediately
The World According to Bella
Today I had a playdate with Mulligan. He was pretty excited to show me a recent gift from his dog sitter. Check out his picture hanging up in the dining room.