There is no shortage of Fall DIY ideas and recipes. Here are a few to inspire you.
Follow this link for an easy tutorial
Fall Menu Board
Upcycle an unused frame into an elegant menu board. All you need is a chalkboard, frame and glue. Thrift stores or flea markets would be good resources.
Autumn Place card
Weave a sprig of dried wheat through a handwritten place card.
Fall Harvest Centerpiece
For years I have been wondering what to do with a 5 piece silver tea set in their special silver bags (a wedding gift) sitting on a shelf. This picture inspired me to pull out the tray. Now I can create a fall arrangement using decorative gourds, pumpkins and corn.
Cook's notes: This is an easy meal to put together. You can be creative using a variety of vegetables.
- 1 package of refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 container of Alfredo Sauce (10 oz.) found in refrigerated section
- 1/4 cup of chicken broth
- 1 TB. butter
- 1/3 cup of finely chopped onions
- 1 cup of sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup red or green pepper chopped
- 1 tsp. dried Italian herbs
- optional adding in cauliflower
- Saute mushrooms, onions and carrots in butter
- Stir in Alfredo sauce and chicken broth
- Add in dried herbs
- Mix well on low heat for 1 minute
- Cook tortellini according to directions on package-drain
- In large bowl add vegetables and Alfredo mixture
- Fold in tortellini and pour into a baking dish or an 8 inch glass pan
- Grate Parmesan cheese over the top and cover with foil
- Bake 350 for 30 minutes