The World According to Bella
I have been trying to tell Mrs. S if I have to wear a costume this is the one I want. No one would recognize me. But she didn't listen. Today in the mail arrived this costume. I feel ridiculous dressed with a monkey hood.
I wish someone would have a talk with Mrs. S.
Orange Flavored Watergate Salad
Cook's notes: Do you ever wonder how some recipes get their names? I am puzzled over the meaning of this recipe name.
I have decided to rename it Pumpkin Patch Salad
This salad is easy enough for kids to make. I wanted to give the salad a more festive look so used a martini glass, added Halloween sprinkles and toasted coconut on top. You could also use a parfait glass.
Pumpkin Patch Salad
- 2- 11 oz. cans of mandarin oranges
- 1 small box of instant vanilla pudding mix (sugar free)
- 1- 8 oz. container Cool Whip (lite)
- 1-cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 tsp. orange extract
- a drop of orange food coloring
- toasted coconut
- Halloween sprinkles
- Make pudding mix up as directed on box
- Drain oranges and cut up into small pieces, pat dry on paper towels
- Fold all ingredients together except sprinkles and coconut
- Right before serving add sprinkles and toasted coconut