Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Monday, October 7, 2013

Pumpkin Patch Salad

The World According to Bella
I have been trying to tell Mrs. S if I have to wear a costume this is the one I want.  No one would recognize me. But she didn't listen. Today in the mail arrived this costume. I feel ridiculous dressed with a monkey hood.

I wish someone would have a talk with Mrs. S.
Love, Bella
________________________________________________

Orange Flavored Watergate Salad
Cook's notes: Do you ever wonder how some recipes get their names? I am puzzled over the meaning of this recipe name. 
I have decided to rename it Pumpkin Patch Salad 
This salad is easy enough for kids to make. I wanted to give the salad a more festive look so used a martini glass, added Halloween sprinkles and toasted coconut on top. You could also use a parfait glass.  
Pumpkin Patch Salad
Ingredients:
  • 2- 11 oz. cans of mandarin oranges
  • 1 small box of instant vanilla pudding mix (sugar free)
  • 1- 8 oz. container Cool Whip (lite)
  • 1-cup miniature marshmallows
  • 1 cup chopped nuts
  • 1 tsp. orange extract
  • a drop of orange food coloring
  • toasted coconut
  • Halloween sprinkles 
Directions:
  • Make pudding mix up as directed on box
  • Drain oranges and cut up into small pieces, pat dry on paper towels
  • Fold all ingredients together except sprinkles and coconut
  • Refrigerate
  • Right before serving add sprinkles and toasted coconut




No comments:

Post a Comment

Cowboy Country and Cowboy Baked Beans

  Cowboy Country   Hacienda de la Canoa Tour Canoa Ranch in Green Valley, AZ was a working cattle ranch from 1820 to the 1970s. At its peak,...