Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Sunday, December 29, 2013

A Festive Occasion

An invitation to a Christmas concert at Assumption church provided a few unexpected surprises. The church is in the downtown area of St. Paul and was founded in 1856 to serve newly immigrants from Germany. The architecture is Romanesque. Their Christmas concert is renown for decorations and music. But I was unprepared for the stunning beauty inside the church.





The pictures speak for themselves. Christmas music with carols and a few songs sung in German added to the solemnity of the evening. 

I do have to say that an added bonus for me was being with a lady who is a professional photographer. She showed me how to use some extra features on my camera I had never used before. And wow... what a difference it made following her advice to take these pictures with so many bright lights.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Sue,
    I have been reading your Blog, on and off since I ran into you at Bachmans on Lyndale a few years ago. I've mentioned it to Nancy at some of our dinners, but Carla said ..."Mom, sit down and tell her how much you have enjoyed it, you know how much I love it when when people comment when I do a blog about something."
    So.. I love it Sue, I can relate to so much, and you are even more creative now than when you taught the kids. I am especially impressed with the pictures you took of Christmas at Assumption Church this year, Tom, Carla and I went to Christmas Eve this year for our Christmas Fix, I grew up with heavily tinseled trees, and what they do there is Magical!
    Keep writing, I promise not to just stalk, but to comment occasionally,
    Take care Sue,
    Kathy Staffa

    ReplyDelete

EASTER TREATS

An Easter treat that's gluten-free, easy to prepare, and naturally sweetened. Almond Cake with Yogurt Topping and Fresh Berries Cook'...