Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Monday, May 12, 2014

The World According to Bella

Fishing Opener: Catch of the Day
Mr. C and I went fishing for the opener. He didn't catch any fish. In fact he didn't have one little nibble. Maybe it was my barking every time he threw out a line that scared the fish away. 
After our boat ride Mr. C went inside to explain to Mrs. S why there would be no fish for dinner. I headed towards the woods for some afternoon exploring. 
I must have been gone a long time because I kept hearing my name being called over and over. 
Mr. C was standing on the porch when he spied me carrying my prize. If there was no fish for dinner I thought this bird would make a really fine meal. Mr.C sprang into action and did his best to get me to drop the bird. But I was not about to give it up though I was a bit uncertain what to do with it. 
There was a lot of coaxing as I clenched the bird even tighter in my jaws. But it was when Mr. C waved a piece of turkey and a rawhide bone in my face hoping for a trade I just couldn't resist. I dropped the bird.   
Mrs. S came running outside screaming. I wondered what all the fuss was about. Maybe it was all the feathers hanging out of the sides of my mouth that set her off or all the feathers scattered about in the yard.
 
 Now I am on yard arrest and not allowed to roam. I am back to my usual job of porch sitting guarding Mrs. S's flowers and scaring intruders off. I thought I  was just doing my job when I got the bird but Mr. C and Mr.S thought I got a bit carried away.
It made for an exciting afternoon.  
Love, Bella


that Ruffed grouse nest on the ground, typically in a shallow depression. They rely on camouflage, so you'll often find the nests surrounded by a litter of leaves or nestled near a log, tree or boulders. Mixed-age groves of aspen, spruce, and birch make ideal habitat for Ruffed Grouse in the northern part of their range.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Cowboy Country and Cowboy Baked Beans

  Cowboy Country   Hacienda de la Canoa Tour Canoa Ranch in Green Valley, AZ was a working cattle ranch from 1820 to the 1970s. At its peak,...