"No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world."
- Robin WilliamsSeasonal Plate
Cook's note: The Seasonal Plate was published in the Pilot Independent on August 20th. Follow this link to the online version of the Seasonal Plate.
Two of the recipes were previously posted
Grilled Three Sisters Salad
Watermelon SaladSpice Rubbed Rib-Eye Steaks
This versatile rub is a complex combination of flavors perfect for meat. Sugar enhances the flavor. It’s sweet and spicy all in one blend.
2 bone in rib eye steaks
Spice Rub Ingredients:
- 1 TB. finely ground coffee beans
- 2 tsp. each chili powder, garlic powder, dried thyme, and sugar
- Mix spice rub ingredients. Apply spice rub to both sides of the rib eye steaks, about 2 teaspoons per side.
- Grill steaks to desired doneness with grill lid down which holds in the heat.
We were out of bread the other day and I didn't want to go to the store. Then I remembered I had some frozen bread loaves in the freezer. (Rhodes brand) Since I didn't want to wait all day for them to rise, I put the pans on top of an electric heating pad and set it to hi heat. (Ours has auto turn off~ so I had to check it occasionally). Anyway, a little while later, this is what we got to eat... I had read about this idea on Pinterest! it really worked :)Looking for some creative ways to use those baking pans in your kitchen? Check out this new publication from BHG called One Pan. You can find it at a bookstore or the grocery store. The recipes showed innovative ways to use a variety of pans you already have in your kitchen.