Strawberry Bruschetta with Goat CheeseA tasty summer appetizer that can be put together in a short amount of time. The Crostini is topped with creamy goat cheese, strawberries, candied pecans drizzled with balsamic and garnished with fresh basil.
recipe inspired by closetcooking.com
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar or chocolate balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 12 slices baguette
- 2 tsp. olive oil or Infused Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup candied pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons basil, julienned
- Simmer the balsamic vinegar and brown sugar over medium heat until it reduces and thickens. Reduce to 1/4 cup.
If you look at the ingredients for Alka-Seltzer, you will find that it contains citric acid and sodium bicarbonate (baking soda). When you drop the tablet in water, the acid and the baking soda react -- this produces the fizz. You can think of an Alka-Seltzer tablet as compressed baking powder with a little aspirin mixed in. And it's eco-friendly!
- Lightly brush the crostini with olive oil, toast or grill crostini until lightly golden brown.
- Mix the strawberries and pecans. Spread goat cheese on the crostini. Divide strawberries among the crostini, drizzle with the balsamic reduction, Garnish with the basil.
Look what you can do with
- Clean a toilet-drop two tablets in, wait 20 minutes, brush and flush.
- Clean a vase to remove stain from the bottom of the glass vase or cruet, fill with water and drop two tablets in.
- Polish silverware or jewelry-drop two tablets in and immerse the jewelry or silverware for 2 minutes.
- Clean a thermos bottle-fill with water, drop in 4 tablets and let soak for an hour.
- Unclog a drain-clear the sink drain by dropping 3 tablets down the drain followed by a cup of white vinegar. Wait a few minutes, then run hot water.