Link to The World According to Bella
Link to Watermelon Salad posted at WWN
Cook's notes:Looking for an easy summer meal? This taco meal can be ready in 20 minutes. It's a crowd pleaser. These shells were found as a bakery item at a local grocery store. If not available at your store there are other taco shells to choose from in Mexican food aisle.
Serves 4 and a suggested side fresh fruit
- 1 lb. hamburger
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 package of taco seasoning mix
- chopped lettuce
- chopped tomatoes
- grated cheddar cheese
- prepared guacamole (dairy section)
- black beans(rinsed and drained)
- optional olives
- Cook hamburger with onion. Drain and crumble. Add meat and onion back to pan.
- Mix taco seasoning mix with 3/4 cup water. Add to meat and cook on low heat uncovered.
- Layer the ingredients starting with chopped lettuce, then meat and add rest of ingredients.
Use this handy trick to get the most juice from the lemons. Microwave lemons for 10-15 seconds. This softens the rind just enough to squeeze every last bit of juice out. And the bonus... makes the microwave smell clean.