Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Monday, August 25, 2014

The World According to Bella

I've Got Mail
Everyday Mr. C and I walk to the mailbox.  It's 2 miles round trip. I am always hopeful something will be in the box for me. Most of the time there's nothing. But today was different. I got mail and Mr. C got nothing. This magazine said TO BELLA and even had my picture on the front. I didn't care that Dr. Ekholm had listed all the shots I needed-I was just happy to get mail.  
On the last page it  listed a lot of things on how Labs got to be #1 on the AKC  Breed Popularity list. I just knew they were talking about me when I heard the words: trustworthy, playful, eager to please, good temperament, quick, enthusiastic learner and enjoys swimming and retrieving. Mr.C said the only thing they forgot to list was my OCD over digging holes.
Did you notice I got my picture on this page too?
I just love mail so send me some.
Love, Bella
  ________________________________________________________________
Peach Strudel
Cook's notes:Using puff pastry sheets  and fresh peaches makes a mouthwatering strudel easy to create. I was excited my recipe looked almost just like the picture from Pepperidge Farm.
Ingredients:
  • 1 egg
  • 1 TB. water
  • 4-5 peaches, peeled and diced
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1 TB. flour
  • 1/3 cup crushed almonds or chopped pecans
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon, divided
  • 1 sheet, thawed Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry
  • 2 TB. coarse sugar or granulated sugar
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 400. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
  • Beat egg and water in a small bowl with a whisk and set aside. 
  • In a large bowl stir peaches, brown sugar, 1 TB flour , nuts, 1/2 tsp cinnamon and vanilla.
  • Unfold the pastry sheet and place on floured sheet of wax paper. Roll out to a 14 x 12 inch rectangle.
  • Use a slotted spoon to drain some of the juices and spoon the mixture down the center of the pastry. Cut slits 1 inch apart from the long sides of the pastry to within 1/2 inch of the peach mixture.
  • Starting at one end, fold the pastry strips over the peach mixture, alternating sides, to cover the peach mixture. Tuck under the short ends of the pastry. 
  • Mix 1/2 tsp. cinnamon with 2 TB. sugar
  • Brush the pastry with the egg mixture. Sprinkle with sugar/cinnamon mixture. 
  • Bake for 25 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. 
  • Let the pastry cool on the baking sheet on wire rack for 20 minutes.  
  • Note: Avoid using the microwave to reheat pieces as it makes the crust soggy. Instead place pieces on a cookie sheet and heat at 425 degrees for 4 minutes.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chia Pudding Cups

Guest Food Blogger  M E Fuller Artist   Online Gallery Author, Workshop Facilitator, & Writing Coach   mefuller.com   @mefullerarts Meet...