Wonton Skins are a versatile wrapper that can be used for a variety of appetizers. Consider these ideas for your next gathering.
Petite Lasagnasrecipe adapted from Hungry Girl and stickafork.net makes 12 servings
- 12 oz raw ground turkey, hamburger or sausage
- ¼ tsp. salt, divided
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped mushrooms
- 14.5 oz can crushed tomatoes, or chunky tomatoes (basil, garlic, oregano)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tsp. dried oregano, divided
- ½ tsp. dried basil
- 1 ½ cups part skim ricotta cheese
- 24 small square wonton wrappers (the kind near the tofu in the refrigerated section of the produce dept)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Meat and sauce can be prepared a day ahead for easier planning.
- Preheat oven to 375º degrees. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the turkey, hamburger or sausage, onions, mushrooms, salt, and pepper. Crumble the meat and saute the mixture for about 10 minutes, or until the turkey, hamburger or sausage is cooked through. Add the garlic and stir constantly for 30 seconds.
- Add the crushed tomatoes or chunky tomatoes and 2 tsp of oregano. Bring the pan to a gentle boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, a pinch of salt and pepper, the remaining teaspoon of oregano, and the basil. Stir to mix well. Set aside.
- Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Place 1 wonton wrapper into each of the 12 cups, pressing firmly in the bottom of the cup and up the sides.
- Using half of the ricotta mixture, divide it among the 12 muffin cups. Next, using half of the turkey, hamburger or sausage and tomato sauce, spoon it evenly over each of the ricotta filled cups. Sprinkle with 2 tsp of mozzarella.
- Gently press another wonton wrapper on top of the mozzarella layer.
- Repeat the process by distributing the remaining ricotta, then the remaining tomato sauce, and finally the rest of the shredded mozzarella.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
Baked Wonton Tacos
Cook's notes: Using a rotisserie chicken simplifies the recipe. Double the basic recipe below to serve a large crowd. This recipe makes 8 servings.
recipe from heartmindandseoul.com
- 1 large chicken breast, cooked and shredded with two forks
- 8 square wonton wrappers
- 2 TB, prepared BBQ sauce
- 2 TB. prepared sesame ginger dressing
- 1 TB. chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 TB. Mexican 4 cheese blend
- 1 red chili pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl combine shredded chicken,BBQ sauce, sesame ginger dressing, cilantro and cheese.
- In the center of wonton wrapper, place 2 TB. of chicken mixture and pinch two edges of the corner together. Repeat with the remaining mixture and wrappers.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place prepared wraps on baking sheet and spray with cooking spray.
- Bake 10 minutes or until wrappers are golden brown and crispy.
- Sprinkle with chili red pepper and serve with sliced avocados.