Sometimes there are days when a cookie is just what we need.
My justifications for nibbling several of these yummy cookies are there are some healthy ingredients used in the recipe; peanut butter and oats. The recipe makes about 30 cookies. I used a small ice cream scooper to place each dough ball on the cookie sheet and pressed the dough ball slightly.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. corn syrup
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 2 TB. flour
- 1-1/2 cups chunky peanut butter
- 4-1/4 cups rolled oats or use a combination of rolled and quick oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup M and M's
- optional 3/4 cup each toasted pecans and toasted coconut
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine peanut butter with sugars and butter, beat until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, corn syrup and vanilla.
- Add flour, oats and baking soda. Mix well.
- Stir in chips and M and M's.
- Chill dough for one hour.
- Make one batch and keep rest of dough chilled in refrigerator or freezer until needed for next batch.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-11 minutes (depends on how crisp you want the cookies).
Option: Use holiday M and M's and Reese's Pieces to create this monster cookie following the same recipe.