Tarragon Tuna Melts
Cook's Notes: I will be upfront and say I have not made tuna melts in years. In fact when I shopped for tuna I didn't realize there was even another option out there besides canned tuna. This product caught my interest with the words fresher tasting and no draining
and I will say it lived up to its advertisement.
These sandwiches were amazing. The mix of herbs and other ingredients elevated this tuna sandwich several notches. When adding tarragon start small and taste before increasing it. I used dried spice tarragon leaves. Use a firm bread like a sourdough or a Portuguese. Roma tomatoes are firm and hold up better than a regular tomato when using in a grilled sandwich. The sandwiches were cooked on a griddle.
Makes 4 sandwiches and adapted from tasteofhome.com
- 1/3 cup Miracle Whip or lite mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup diced sweet onion
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1 TB. each Italian parsley and chives
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. dried tarragon
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 12 oz. solid white tuna, flaked
- 1-1/2 cups shredded white or yellow cheddar
- 3 TB. melted butter
- Mix salad dressing or mayonnaise, flaked tuna, herbs, mustard, lemon juice , celery and onions.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours.
- Melt 3 TB. tablespoons of butter and use a pastry brush to butter each piece of bread.
- Divide tuna mixture on 4 slices of bread, sprinkle with grated cheese and top with tomato slice. Add rest of bread slices on top of tuna mixture. Grill at 400 degrees on a griddle.
Grilled Salmon with Tarragon, Lemon and Garlic Sauce
Cook's notes: It is important to make the sauce several hours ahead for flavors to meld.
- 4 (4 oz.) salmon fillets
- 1/2 cup lite mayonnaise
- 2 TB. Dijon mustard
- 2 TB. Olive Oil or Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 TB. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 TB. fresh chopped tarragon or 1/2 tsp. dried tarragon leaves
- 1/4 tsp. lemon pepper
- Whisk sauce ingredients together and refrigerate several hours.
- Grill or bake salmon fillets.
- Take sauce out 1/2 hour before serving and rewhisk before serving on top of the fillets.