Caramel Apple Cupcakes
Cook's notes: These moist cupcakes have hints of spice, apples and caramel. They are the perfect treat for your Halloween weekend. The caramel sauce may need warming in the microwave so it's easier to pour.
Recipe adapted from Tide and Thyme and makes 18-20
- 2-3/4 cups flour
- 1 TB. baking powder
- 1-1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. allspice
- 3/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp.salt
- 1 stick margarine and 1 stick butter (room temperature)
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 TB.vanilla
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce from a jar (room temperature)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two cupcake pans with paper liners. Set aside.
- Whisk in a bowl flour, spices, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl cream sugar, butter and margarine. Beat for 4 minutes until fluffy.
- Mix in eggs one at a time and beat well.
- Mix buttermilk and vanilla in a measuring cup and add to butter/margarine mixture. Mix well.
- On low speed alternate dry ingredients with wet ingredients and mix just until incorporated.
- With a wooden spoon add in apples, caramel sauce and mix until incorporated.
- Divide the batter evenly filling each cupcake liner 3/4 full.
- Bake 18-20 minutes.
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 TB. softened butter
- 1 tsp.vanilla
- fat free half and half
- Beat all ingredients until frosting is smooth using only as much half and half as needed for correct frosting consistency.
Caramel Apple Dip
All my stainless steel appliances including bread box, toaster and coffee pot are gleaming and look brand new as a result of using a little olive oil on a soft paper towel. I just rubbed the olive oil on paper towel and buffed the surfaces of the appliances. So this got me to thinking perhaps there are other uses for olive oil besides cooking that I may have overlooked. Indeed there are from home improvement hacks to beauty tricks.