Blackberry Brie Bitesrecipe from, insidebrucrewlife.com
- 1 tube refrigerated crescent rolls (Pillsbury 8 oz.)
- 1 round Brie Cheese (8 oz.)
- 1/4 cup blackberry jelly (Smuckers Spreadable Fruit)
- 24 fresh blackberries
- 24 large toothpicks
- Separate the crescent rolls into 4 rectangles. Press the seams together and cut into 6 even squares. Press into 24 mini-muffin tins.
- Cut the rind off the Brie cheese. Cut into 24 small squares. Place one square into each crescent lined tin. Spoon a small amount of blackberry jelly on top of each cheese square. Fold the tips of the crescent rolls over, if desired. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with a fresh blackberry on a toothpick. Serve immediately. Makes 24 crescent cups.
Cook's notes: This recipe makes 18 pastry puffs. It does double duty as an appetizer or as a side with soup. The recipe comes from plainchicken.com
Spice Blend Ingredients:
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 TB. chili powder
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 (17.3-oz) package puff pastry, defrosted
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 lb. thinly sliced deli ham
- 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup white cheddar, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 TB
- Preheat oven to 400. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Spice Blend: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Pastries: Unfold pastry sheets. Cut each sheet into 9 squares.
- Mix both cheeses together.
- Spread about 1/2 tsp of Dijon over the puff pastry. Arrange ham and grated cheeses down center of the pastry squares. Sprinkle with some of the spice blend. Fold two opposite corners of each square over the filling and press edges to seal. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Combine egg and water. Brush each pastry with egg wash. Sprinkle tops of pastries with more spice blend.
- Bake 15-18 minutes, until golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Chicken Enchilada Dip
recipe from closetcooking.comIngredients:
- 1 small can red enchilada sauce
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and shredded (rotisserie chicken or slow-cooked chicken will work great!)
- 1 small can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen yellow corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1½ cups shredded Mexican blend cheese (cheddar or jack cheese would work well too)
- ⅓ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- tortilla chips for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pour enchilada sauce into a casserole dish or shallow baking dish (a pie dish works well too).
- Add black beans, corn, and shredded chicken. Sprinkle taco seasoning over whole dish. Top with cilantro, then shredded cheese.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until cheese is bubbly and begins to brown. Serve with tortilla chips.