Cook's Notes: Looking for a fun little treat to serve for game day? This Football Bites (With Summer Sausage, Cheddar & Ranch) recipe is ready to go in 10 minutes!
- favorite crackers (I used TownHouse because of their size/shape)
- summer sausage, sliced thin (about 1/8" thick)
- block of cheddar cheese, sliced very thin (about 1/8" thick)
- ranch dressing
- 1 small, rinsed-out aluminum can (like from green chiles), or a small round cookie cutter
- 1 ziplock bag, or frosting bag
- On a sturdy cutting board, use the aluminum can (or cookie cutter) to shape the cheddar and summer sausage pieces into individual "football" shapes. (See photo above.) Then assemble the football "bites", by layering cheddar and summer sausage atop the crackers.
- Finally, pour some ranch dressing into a Ziplock bag, and then use scissors to snip a very small triangle from one of the bottom corners. Pipe the dressing onto the cheddar to complete the football bites.
Cook's notes:Score the winning touchdown with Bacon and Cheese Stuffed Super Bowl Eggs! Your game day guests will gobble these little footballs up in seconds! Recipe from http://sandandsisal.com/
- 6 hard boiled egg yolks (You’ll only need 6 of your 12 yolks)
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 dash of hot sauce
- 1/8 tsp. onion powder
- 1/3 cup crispy crumbled bacon
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tb. chopped fresh parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a bowl or pot, add 1/2 teaspoon of brown icing color to 2 inches of hot water. Mix to dissolve. Gently add the peeled eggs to the brown colored water an shake the pot to coat the eggs. Allow them to sit for at least 5 minutes, shaking a few times.
- Combine all filling ingredients listed above until well combined.
Wilton Brown Icing
- To assemble your football eggs, scoop one heaping teaspoon of bacon and cheese mixture into one half of an egg and place the matching egg half of top. Repeat, stuffing all the eggs. To make the white laces on top of each football egg, place some sour cream into a plastic baggie. Snip a very small amount off one corner and pipe the sour cream laces on the footballs.
Check out these football party themed appetizers from buzzfeed. Some ideas include:
Dark Rye and Cheese Balls
Bacon Cheese Ball
Asian Prosciutto Rice Balls
Cheese and Pepperoni Football Themed Pizza