A sweet treat perfect for party half time that's sure to please your guests.
recipe from http://blog.thecelebrationshoppe.com/2014/01/27/ice-cream-football-sandwiches-super-bowl-party-food/You’ll need:
- Mini Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Wooden Spoons
- Storage containers
- White cake icing
- Resealable bag
- Icing tip #4 and connector
- Optional: Chocolate sprinkles
- Using a Sharpie, draw football plays, referee stripes or team colors on wooden spoons
- Unwrap your ice creams and lay them on a sheet of wax paper or in Rubbermaid container
- Pierce one end of the ice cream with a knife so that your wooden spoons can be inserted easily later
- Cut the edge of resealable bag, insert your icing connector and tip, spoon in icing and pipe football design
- Place in container and freeze until guests arrive.
- Insert wooden spoons, sprinkle container with chocolate sprinkles (to finish the look) and serve.
- Tip: If you serve them at halftime and they’re hard frozen, they should last the full 30 minutes!
Perfect party food for a crowd The Cuban Sandwich.
Makes 8 mini sandwiches and recipe comes from the CHOW
For ease of preparation, the assembled loaf is cut in half here, each half piece is wrapped in foil, and a heavy pot or pan is placed on top to compress the sandwich while it’s toasting.
- 1 (1-pound) loaf Italian or ciabatta bread
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 8 ounces thinly sliced deli ham
- 8 ounces thinly sliced deli roasted pork loin
- 8 ounces thinly sliced Swiss cheese
- 4 whole dill pickles, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/4 stick), melted
- Heat the oven to 200°degrees and arrange a rack in the middle.
- Cut the loaf of bread in half horizontally and open it up like a book. Spread the mayonnaise/mustard on the bottom piece of bread.
- Evenly place the ham and roasted pork on top of the mayonnaise,then cheese and pickles on the meat.
- Close the sandwich. Press gently on the top to compact the sandwich slightly. Cut it in half crosswise; set both halves aside.
- Lay 2 (20-inch-long) sheets of aluminum foil on a work surface. Brush half of the melted butter on the tops of the sandwiches. Place each sandwich butter-side down on the sheets of foil. Brush the bottoms of the sandwiches with the remaining butter. Fold the foil around the sandwiches to completely encase them.
- Heat a large frying pan on low heat until hot, about 4 minutes. Place 1 wrapped sandwich in the pan. Place a cast-iron skillet, Dutch oven, or heavy pot on the sandwich, push down on the skillet or pot to further compact the cubano, and cook undisturbed for 10 minutes.
- Remove the skillet or pot and flip the sandwich and place the skillet or pot back on top of it. Cook undisturbed until the cheese has melted and the sandwich is warmed through, about 10 minutes more.
- Remove to the oven and repeat with the second sandwich. When both are ready, remove the foil, cut into pieces, and serve.