Crunchy Asian Salad with Thai Peanut Dressing
This salad was refreshingly, crunchy, creamy and spicy all at the same time. The dressing was amazing. It was a nice balance of sweetness, saltiness, sourness and heat. Adding shredded chicken or pork turns the salad into a main meal. Recipe adapted from onceuponachef.com and serves four.
- 5 cups shredded coleslaw mix or Napa cabbage
- 1 cup snow peas (sliced thinly)
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 red pepper (seeded and sliced thinly)
- optional diced cherry tomatoes
- 1 handful cilantro (chopped)
- 2 green onions (sliced)
- 1 cup diced cucumbers
- handful of peanuts
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 TB. rice vinegar
- 2 TB. fresh lime juice, from one lime
- 3 TB. vegetable oil
- 1 TB. soy sauce
- 2 TB. honey
- 2-tsp. sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-inch square piece fresh ginger, peeled, minced about 1 TB.
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8-1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- optional 2 TB. fresh cilantro leaves
- Mix the coleslaw or Napa cabbage with snow peas, bean sprouts, carrots, red pepper, cilantro, cucumbers and green onions.
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a blender, pour the dressing on the salad and toss. Garnish with peanuts.
The World According to Bella
The 2014 'List' has just been released. I made #1 , Mr.C #9 and Sadie even placed #10.
#9 – Charlie