In the dead of winter how lovely to think about the solitude of a summer day on a hill.Afternoon on a Hill
by Edna St. Vincent Millay
I will be the gladdest thing
Under the sun!
I will touch a hundred flowers
And not pick one.
I will look at cliffs and clouds
With quiet eyes,
Watch the wind bow down the grass,
And the grass rise.
And when lights begin to show
Up from the town,
I will mark which must be mine,
And then start down!
_____________________________________________________Crunchy Broccoli Peanut Crunch
Cook's notes: recipe inspired by cuisineathome.com and serves 2-3
- 3-4 cups small broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sesame sticks,broken in halves
- 1/4 cup red onions, diced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts or honey roasted cashews
- 2 TB. rice vinegar
- 2 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. chili garlic paste
- 1 tsp.sesame oil
- Blanch broccoli florets in a pot of boiling salted water until crisp tender, 2 minutes and drain. Transfer briefly to a bowl of ice water, then drain again. Pat dry and transfer to a bowl.
- Add in onions, raisins and sesame sticks.
- Whisk together vinegar, soy sauce, chili garlic paste and oil. Pour over salad mixture, toss and top with peanuts just before serving.