Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

The World According to Bella and A Sweet Treat

My Happy Place
When Mr. C said we were going up north I couldn't believe my good fortune. I never expected a trip so soon and to my favorite happy place. It didn't take me long to redig my hole. Now I am back on yard duty. I've been busy keeping track of the chipmunks running around, swimming in the lake (ice is all out), gone on three walks, explored the woods, chased squirrels, took a nap on the front porch and in between kept track of all Mr. C's doings- all this in just 24 hours. 
And then the day got even better when I found out WWN published my last story. Be sure to check it out.  

 http://www.wwnrockport.com/2015/04/the-world-according-to-bella-end-of-line.html 
Love, Bella
___________________________________
Dandelion

By Hilda Conkling

O little soldier with the golden helmet,

What are you guarding on my lawn?

You with your green gun

And your yellow beard

Why do you stand so stiff?

There is only grass to fight!
________________________________________

Carrot Cake
Cook's notes: A moist cake packed with lots of flavor. It's easy to put together and even better when shared with a friend over a cup of tea or coffee.  
Cake Ingredients:

  • 4 eggs beaten 
  • 2 tsp. baking soda 
  • 1 cup white sugar 
  • 1 cup brown sugar 
  • 2 TB. cinnamon 
  • 1-1/3 cup vegetable oil 
  • 1-3/4-2 cups grated carrots 
  • 1-1/2 crushed nuts e.g. walnuts or pecans
  • 1 cup white flour 
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour 
  • optional 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained 
  • optional 3/4 cup toasted coconut 
Cake Directions:
  • Grease a 13 x 9 glass pan.
  • Reserve 1/2 cup nuts for topping.  
  • Beat eggs, add in rest of ingredients.
  • Mix well beating about 2 minutes. 
  • Bake @350 degrees for 25- 30 minutes 
Cream Cheese Frosting and Directions:  
  • 3 cups powdered sugar 
  • 1 TB. vanilla 
  • 3-oz. package softened cream cheese 
  • 1/2 cup milk and add more in as needed to get right consistency 
  • Sprinkle crushed nuts on top 
  • Refrigerate and remove about ½ hour before serving 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chia Pudding Cups

Guest Food Blogger  M E Fuller Artist   Online Gallery Author, Workshop Facilitator, & Writing Coach   mefuller.com   @mefullerarts Meet...