Taco Stuffed Shells
Cook's notes: The filling is enough for 24-26 cooked jumbo pasta shells. Recipe adapted from closetcooking.com
- 1-12 oz. box jumbo pasta shells
- 1-LB. ground beef
- 1 TB. oil
- 1-1/2 cups sweet onion, diced
- 2 tsp. dry taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup canned Mexicorn, drained
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-14.5 oz can Diced Tomatoes Chili Ready
- 1 jar 16 oz. salsa (mild or hot)
- 2-1/2 cups shredded low fat Mexican cheese
- Remove 26 shells from the box. Add to boiling water and cook al dente about 6 minutes. Stir a couple of times so shells don't stick together. Drain and lay single layer on paper towels.
- Cook ground beef with onions in oil. Crumble meat, drain and wipe pan clean. Add meat back into pan.
- Sprinkle meat with taco seasoning. Add in canned chunky tomatoes, black beans, corn and 1-1/2 cups cheese. Cook about 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
- In a 13 x 9 pan spread 1/2 jar of salsa evenly in the pan. Arrange shells in the pan. Sprinkle 1 cup cheese over the shells and drizzle with rest of salsa.
- Bake at 350 degrees covered with foil for 15 minutes. Remove foil and cook 8 minutes more.
Check out this link to 50 useful kitchen gadgets you might not know even existed.
Tabletop Oil Mister
Julienne Peeler Blade