Lucky me, my mail has been forwarded to the lake.
Every afternoon Mr. C and I walk down the road for the mail. I was patient while Mr. C cleaned out the box hoping there might be something for me. I couldn't believe my good fortune when Mr. C announced there was a letter addressed TO BELLA and signed
FROM YOUR SECRET ADMIRER. I wasted no time getting home running ahead of Mr. C down the road.
Inside the envelope was a treat just for me. I sniffed and drooled before devouring it in record time. So far two treat letters have come my way and summer hasn't even begun.
Will keep you posted on any new developments.
The rain finally stopped and my hole out front is starting to dry out.
Blueberry-Orange Salad serves 4Ingredients:
- 1 pint of blueberries, rinse and pat dry
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 TB. balsamic vinegar, Aged Wild Blueberry Balsamic, Aged Tangerine Balsamic or Honey- Ginger White Balsamic
- ½ medium red onion sliced in rings
- 1 small package mixed greens or baby spinach mix
- 4 oranges-peeled, remove membrane, slice and pat dry or use 2 large cans mandarin orange segments drained and pat dry
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 4 TB. olive oil or Blood Orange Olive Oil
- ground pepper to taste
- 1 package (3.5 oz) Almond Accents-Butter Toffee Glazed or glazed pecans
- Mix sugar and balsamic vinegar
- Stir into blueberries, cover and refrigerate 30 minutes
- Slice oranges, red onion rings, and cucumbers and arrange with greens
- Drizzle olive oil over lettuce greens and add marinated blueberries
- Top with glazed almonds or pecans