- 4 Tilapia filets (6 oz. each)
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed and diced large
- 2½ TB. butter
- 3 TB. fresh lemon juice
- 2 TB. fresh parsley or 1-1/2 tsp. dried parsley
- 2 tsp. fresh oregano or 1 tsp. dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil or cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt 2½ TB. butter on a low in a small sauce pan.
- Add garlic and saute on medium low for about 1 minute. Add 2 TB. lemon juice, mix and remove from heat.
- Spray the bottom of a baking dish lightly with cooking spray or olive oil. Add 1 TB. lemon juice.
- Place the fish on top and season with herbs, salt, and pepper. Pour the lemon butter mixture on the fish and top with fresh parsley for garnish
- Bake at 400 degrees until cooked, about 20 minutes. (or until flakes easily)
Roasted asparagus and tomatoes covered in melted Parmesan and drizzled with a balsamic reduction. Recipe adapted from closetcooking.com
- 1- 1/2 pounds asparagus, trimmed
- 1- 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 TB. olive oil or lemon olive oil,
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 -3/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/8- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar or Sicilian Lemon Balsamic White Vinegar
- 2 TB.basil, sliced (chiffonade style)
- crumbled feta or goat cheese
- Toss the asparagus and tomatoes in the oil, salt and pepper, place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper in a single layer. Sprinkle Parmesan and roast in a preheated 400 degrees oven until they start to caramelize, about 15-20 minutes. Stir halfway through the cooking time.
- Remove pan from oven and drizzle balsamic over asparagus mixture.
- Grate more Parmesan cheese right before serving or add crumbled feta/goat cheese and fresh basil.
Cook's notes: Mini garlic bread so buttery, so garlicky and just so easy! Recipe from damndelicious.net
- 1 (16-ounce) tube refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 5 TB. unsalted butter, melted
- 4 TB. freshly grated Parmesan
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. dried parsley flakes
- Pinch of sea salt and sesame seed sprinkles
- 2 TB. extra melted butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray a standard muffin tin with nonstick spray.
Cut each of the biscuits into eighths, making 64 pieces.
- In a large bowl whisk together melted butter, Parmesan, garlic, oregano, basil, parsley and salt. Stir in biscuit pieces and gently toss to combine. The dough bits will be sticky. Using your fingertips, lightly reshape pieces.
- Drop 6 pieces into each muffin cup. Grate extra Parmesan cheese over each roll and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven brush with extra melted butter and serve immediately
Serve immediately, brushed with remaining butter mixture.